Friday, April 30, 2010

I see the moon and the moon sees me.

I gasped out loud when I caught site of it. How can that be? I wondered. I am almost 60 years old. How can it be that catching sight of the moon can make me gasp out loud? and yet - I did.. The huge yellow globe was so close to the horizon it looked like it was resting on the earth waiting for it's time to rise. We played hide and seek for fifteen miles. Each time I passed a clearing my heart raced. You would think that I had never seen it before though in fact I have looked out at the night sky more than 21,000 times in my life. 21000 times and I am still in awe. That is how amazing God's creation is. 21000 times and I never tire of it. 21000 times and no two night moons seem the same.

Awe. Wonder. Joy.

I see the moon. Does the moon see me?

No comments:

Post a Comment