Thursday, April 8, 2010

after a long absence, inspiration to write happens

Today is a work day at my house. I have my son and son in law and a
friend who is a horticulturalist all coming to work in my yard on
this beautiful spring day in April that feels like a summers day in
June. The sun wakes me and my attention recalls the phrase I read
before sleep.

occupy your attention with these things…that which is accurate and
known first hand… phil. 4:8

accurate as in correct? or accurate as in certain?

Well, there is a God, a divine spirit who brings order from chaos and
insures that the sun will rise each day, feels accurate and personally
known to me, but could, and would, be argued by many. Is it correct?
Can't win that one, but am I certain of it? Yes, I am.

I rise and greet the day, popped Popovers in the oven, cooked bacon,
scrambled eggs and greeted first one and then another of my expected
assistants. Then Nattie B arrived. This precious two year old, fresh
from sleep herself, more exuberant than any of us, took my cheeks in
her pudgy little pink hands, kissed my wrinkled lips with her full
rosebud, wet ones and said " Good morning Grandma Bevy, I'm gonna
play at your house today!!!!!!!!!!" and I was more certain than ever
that, not only is there a God, I knew him first hand, and today his
name is L O V E.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you to mary anne radmacher for encouraging me to share this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, I also like to write, I admire you for sharing. Don't know if I am that brave yet! Sounds like you have a very sweet life!

    ReplyDelete